Services for Clinics
Our collective of full spectrum doulas is interested in partnering with clinics and providers in DC and the surrounding areas in Maryland and Virginia to provide services to patients seeking abortion. If your clinic is interested in learning more about what we offer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doulas can offer:
- Emotional support to patients before, during, and after procedures
- Pain management techniques
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- A soothing presence
- Information about the procedure
- A calm, knowledgeable guide
Services are provided before, during, and after the following procedures:
- D&Cs (1st trimester), D&Es (2nd trimester)
- Laminaria placements
- Medical inductions
- KCl injection
- Medical terminations
In addition to directly supporting clients seeking doula care, we may also be able to offer support to doctors, clinics, social workers, and other staff members by offering sensitivity trainings and in-service presentations about abortion care and how better to support patients through that process.